Plenty of new recipes this year! Could join mothers for Christmas eve due to COVID. But we did have Dine Apart Together experience with the family. Three ingredients to make three surprise courses. I was curious to see how that would diverge. Me recipes were:
- Smoked duck on a mirror of raspberry jelly
- Turkey filled with a spicy mango hummus and raspberry-cranberry sauce, accompanied with a celeriac rösti, a mash of celeriac and haricots verts
- Mango peach pastries
Had some help from the housemates.
- Started with a delicious: Melon gazpacho
- Then had a wonderful Polish Borscht
- Steak with Red Bull thyme sauce
And the the Grand Dessert!
- Rockky Road,
- Chocolate, walnut delight
- Panna cotta with raspberry crumble, white chocolate and mint
- Limoncello tiramisu with raspberries
- Coconut Panna Cotta with Pineapple
Panna cotta with raspberry crumble, white chocolate and mint
- Cover the dish with two layers of cling film.
- Soften the gelatine in cold water. Heat up the wine with vanilla pit, vanilla pod and the sugar until it is close to boiling. Wring the gelatine firmly.
- Remove the wine from the pit, remove the pod from the pan. and dissolve the gelatine in the warm wine.
- Sprinkle the raspberries on w plate and put it back in the freezer. Have the wine gelatine mixture cool down in the fridge. Make sure to stir every other minute! You want it to become exactly right! If you cool it down to little, it will not bind. If it cools down to much you get clogs. All is not ruined. You can dissolve the gelatine au bain marie and start over. So better first time right!
- Whip the cream in a bowl until it is close to stiff. Spoon the jelly through and have the mixture cool down 2 hours.
- Shave the white chocolate to get nice curls. Turn the panna cotta on a cutting board. Dive it in squares.
- Crumble the raspberries in small pearls and sprinkle on the panna cotta.
- Sprinkle the chocolate curls on top and finish of with some mint!
SourceFind the original recipe here
Limoncello tiramisu with raspberries
|gr||White caster sugar|
- Clean the lemons. Rasp de cover and squeeze the juice. Half the vanilla pod in the length and remove the pit. Add the vanilla pit to the lemon rasp and mix it with the mascarpone and sugar in a large bowl until it is loose. In another bowl you will beat up the cream until stiff. And spoon the whipped cream through the mascarponemix.
- Put the lemon juice in a deep plate or bowl. Add the limoncello. Dip halve of the fingers in it and use it to cover he bottom of the dish. Then add half of the mascarponemix. Cover with all of the raspberries. And top of with another layer of dipped fingers and mascarponemix.
- Have the dish stiffen up in the fridge for 2 hours. Before serving sprinkle with the frozen fruit and rasp of the white chocolate.
SourceFind the original recipe here!
Coconut Panna Cotta with Pineapple
- Boil Cream, coconut milk and sugar. Incise the vanilla pod in the length. Remove the pith and add to the cream. Boil this for 5 minutes. Don’t forget to stir!
- Soften the gelatine in a bowl of cold water.
- Remove the pan from the pit. Squeeze the gelatine leaves and stir them through the cream one by one until they are dissolved.
- Wash the shapes with cold water. Divide the portions over the shapes and cool in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Clean the pineapple. Cut smal piecess. Roll up the mintleaves and slice them in small strings. Add the Malibu and stir around. Cover with foil and have it marinade in the fridge.
- Trun the shapes on the plates to serve the dish. In case it does not release. Very briefly put the shape in warm water and try again.
- Garnish with the pineapple and enjoy!